Sonntag, 4. März 2012

I am sew productive! (pun intended ;D)

I can't remember if I told you, but I had made a promise to myself that I wouldn't start sewing something entirely new until I hadn't finished 5 points from my "To sew list".
And today I can proudly say: It is done ^^
I've had a pretty productive weekend, even though I had really bad back and neck pain @.@ (It's getting better luckily, there's no pain in my spine anymore. But now I have aching shoulder muscles from sitting in a relieving posture all the time XD)

So let's have a look at the 5 points that I crossed out.
First was exchanging the elastic in my Meta skirt, I already did that a while ago, remember?

Second was the dress/skirt from F+F that I already showed you in the last post.

Third was repairing my casual petticoat again. Seriously, I've re-sewn the damn thing so often that I can basically say I've sewn it myself -.-

Fourth was lengthening the straps of the Surface Spell chiffon dress. I was a little anxious about working with chiffon for the first time, but it actually worked out fine, even if it can be a little tricky. I've made the straps long enough for them to be crossed in the back because I hate it when straps slide down my shoulders all the time. This is how it looks now, though you can't really see it that good when it's on a hanger XD

*cough* yep, that's still X-Mas decoration...

...but in my defense: It's the only that's left *cough*
Unfortunately now that I can wear it properly it becomes apparent that they kind of messed up my measurements, so it sits a little strange on me... There's an "overdress" made from chiffon and an "underdress" (or basically lining) and the overdress has somewhat too much fabric, so that it sits a little floppy, while the underdress is a little restraining in the chest area. Apparently they just divided the breast measurement by 2 to make a front and back without taking into consideration that I actually DO have breasts :D
So it's not perfect, but I like it nonetheless ^^

And last but not least: I finished my underbust Vampire Requiem replica:


It's still hard to get in and out and I'm still angry at myself for making the curve around the breasts too big but oh well... I still like it and I'm happy that I can finally add it to my wardrobe ^^

And today I accidentally stumbled upon something that I'd also love to add to my wardrobe.
This wonderful, beautiful, gorgeous pair of shoes from Forever 21:

Aren't they beautiful? I'm so in love *___* *fights with herself*
I'm not as broke as I had thought I'd be this month but still I have to give this some good thought....

Speaking of things in my wardrobe, guess who snuck in? The one and only...

...the Hurley ^^

And with this I'll wish you a great start into the new week and later you'll probably hear more about my new projects ^^

1 Kommentar:

  1. Vielen Dank für dein Kommi^^ Hat mir auch sehr viel Spaß gemacht, mit euch allen Fotos zu machen. Natürlich werde ich versuchen, auch beim nächsten Treffen dabei zu sein *-* Aber ich denke, das ist zu schaffen.

    AntwortenLöschen